Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, protein-packed, moist, soft, delicious, easy!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6-8 medjool dates, remove pits
- 1/3 cup natural peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup of oats, processed into flour (gluten-free oats, as necessary)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Dark chocolate chips (I use about 1/2 cup)
1. Blend dates and milk in a food processor, then add chickpeas and blend, then add nut butter and blend.
2. Then combine the mixture in a bowl with the oat flour and as much cinnamon as you want. Then fold in chocolate chips.
3. Spoon dollops onto a greased cookie sheet, about 12 cookies. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins, until golden brown. Cookies will firm up as they cool, but remain incredibly soft, moist, and delicious for days!
I realized after making these that they are relatively dense for a cookie. While delicious as is, this recipe also works well as blondies, muffins, or even a skillet cookie cake!