How to Roast Any Vegetable in 25 minutes
Sometimes (most of the time), it feels like there just isn't enough time to make healthy choices. Well, that is where I feel determined to prove all the nay-sayers (myself included) WRONG.
I have cooked many a veggie in my young adult life, and have a loving relationship with my oven. I have gotten the art of roasted vegetables down to a science, and now? I make them while I'm in the shower. Not a joke.
From brussel sprouts to sweet potatoes, bell peppers to acorn squash, broccoli to asparagus, I could go on. These can all be prepped and roasted the same way. The same oven temp. The same tray. THE SAME TIME.
Just follow these basic steps:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper (tinfoil seeps into your food!).
2. Prep the raw veggies (i.e. cut/slice into pieces, deseed squash, or simply wash and pat dry if cutting is not needed, like asparagus)
2. I prefer to dry roast, as cooking oils is not ideal (better used as dressings), but you can lightly coat the veggies with either EVOO, coconut oil, or avocado oil if you need.
3. Once veggies are on the tray, spice 'em up! My go-to's include sea salt, black pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and nutritional yeast (sometimes all at once, cuz why not)
4. Pop the tray(s) in the oven and set the timer to 25 mins. Then go do something! Shower, put clothes in the wash, do a quick workout, call your grandma, etc.
5. Take em out, cool em down, eat em up!