Banana PB&J Baked Cauli-Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 scoop vanilla vegan protein (I use VeganSmart)
- 1/2-2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 raw almonds, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used Trader Joe's Flax & Chia Peanut Butter)
- 1 tbsp flax berry jam*
*flax berry jam--> 1-2 cups frozen mixed berries, splash of water, 1-2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1) Mash 1/2 the banana and mix together with oats, cauli rice, quinoa, protein powder, flax, almonds, and almond milk.
2) Pour into a baking dish, lightly greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins then let cool.
3) While oats are baking, make the flax berry jam. Heat the berries in a saucepan over medium heat, adding a splash of water and squashing the berries with spatula. Once broken down, add flax. Stir until paste-like, then remove from heat and let cool. You only need a tablespoon, so save the rest for later (like for a healthy pancake topper or parfait layer!)
4) Once oats have cooled, top with other half of banana, nut butter, and jam. I also like to add another splash of almond milk to the dish when time to eat :P