Zoodles with Creamy Kobocha Squash Sauce and Shrimp
Was in the mood for some comfort food but wanted to spare the heavy after affects, so whipped up this AMAZING sauce for my zoodles. You know I am honest with you guys when my recipes are “meh” but this one is ohhhmyyyygood.
Also I think I want to call it Kobocha Squace.
Yep. Doing it.
- 1/2 small cooked kobocha squash (microwaved or roasted)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- salt, pepper and turmeric as desired
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 15 frozen baby shrimp (or desired vegan protein)
- roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- heat some oil and garlic in a medium skillet over low heat. Add the zoodles and toss occasionally. Keeping on low heat keeps the zoodles from going soggy quickly.
- Meanwhile, blend the sauce ingredients. I suggest removing the skin (even though I normally eat it) for better texture
- Once zoodles are al denté, put into a bowl and reuse the sauce pan to sautéed shrimp with rest of oil (and garlic, salt, pepper and turmeric as you like).
- once cooked, add the zoodles back to the skillet and add sauce. Stir it all together and pour back into your dinner bowl. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds. Or not. DONE!